Registrations Open for Data for Policy 2019
Data for Policy is a premier global forum for interdisciplinary and cross-sector discussions around the impact and potential of the digital revolution in the government sector. It is supported by a large number of key stakeholders, including prestigious academic institutions, government departments, international agencies, non-profit institutions, and businesses.
The 2019 conference will be held at UCL, which is located in the heart of London.
This year we have been overwhelmed by a large volume of quality submissions, representing a diverse range of international organisations and subject matter. We are expecting to host over a hundred presentations over two days of this year’s conference.
Keynote and plenary speakers confirmed to date include:
Margot James MP, UK State Minister for Digital and the Creative Industries
David Price, Vice-Provost (Research), UCL
Paula Forteza, Member of Parliament, France
Christopher Holmes (Lord Holmes), House of Lords, UK
Aaron Maniam, Government of Singapore
Laura Rodríguez Mendaro, Government of Uruguay
Junseok Hwang, Seoul National University, South Korea
Stefaan Verhulst, The GovLab, New York University, US
Christoph Luetge, Technical University of Munich, Germany
C. Leigh Anderson, University of Washington, US
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge & Alan Turing Institute
Innar Liiv, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Diego Kuonen, Universite de Geneve, Switzerland
Julia Stoyanovich, New York University, US
Nicolas Wright, UCL and Georgetown University
Natasha McCarthy, The Royal Society, UK
Lee Rowley MP, House of Commons, UK
Barbara Ubaldi, OECD, Paris, France
Tom Smith, Office for National Statistics, UK
We are also running a series of Pre-Conference Workshops and Tutorials on June 10th, including:
- “Understanding the Data & Curation choices behind the Indicator: SDGs & LSMS-ISA Measures of Progress “ – Instructor(s): Ayala Wineman and Leigh Anderson; University of Washington
- “Digital Ethics & Algorithm Assessment” – Instructor(s): Zeynep Engin and Adriano S. Koshiyama; University College London
- “Data Stewardship in Action: Workshop on Making Data Collaboratives Systematic, Sustainable & Responsible” – Instructor(s): Stefaan Verhulst, The GovLab, New York University
- “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence in Government” – Instructor(s): Jasmine Grimsley and Isabela Breton, Data Science Campus, Office for National Statistics, and, Barbara Webber – Cabinet Office
- “Big-Data for Policy Making & Digital Transformation” – Instructor(s): Francesco Mureddu, Lisbon Council, Italy
- “Collaborating with Universities: Marriage made in heaven?” – Instructor(s): Olga Sergushova , Vania Sena and Gina Yannitell Reinhardt; University of Essex
- “Data Sharing & Data Trusts” – Instructor(s): Gefion Thuermer, Johanna Walker; University of Southampton, Peter Wells; Open Data Institute, and Kieron O’Hara; University of Southampton
Please watch this space for further updates on the conference programme and presentations.
Important note for presenters: Presenters should register by April 8 latest to secure a time slot in the conference proceedings.
Queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Pre-Conference Workshops & Tutorials||10 June 2019|
|Conference in London||11-12 June 2019|