Public registration deadline – 31st May
(Presenters should register by 8th April)
Spaces are limited – register early to secure a place!
Data for Policy is a premier global forum for interdisciplinary and cross-sector discussions around the impact and potential of the digital revolution in the government sector. It is supported by a large number of key stakeholders, including prestigious academic institutions, government departments, international agencies, non-profit institutions, and businesses.
The 2019 conference will be held at UCL, which is located in the heart of London.
This year we have been overwhelmed by a large volume of quality submissions, representing a diverse range of international organisations and subject matter. We are expecting to host over a hundred presentations over two days of this year’s conference.
Keynote and plenary speakers confirmed to date include:
Rt Hon Margot James MP, UK State Minister for Digital
David Price, Vice-Provost (Research), UCL
Paula Forteza, Member of Parliament, France
Lord Holmes of Richmond, UK
Aaron Maniam, Government of Singapore
Laura Rodríguez Mendaro, Government of Uruguay
Junseok Hwang, Seoul National University, Korea
Stefaan Verhulst, The GovLab, New York University
Christoph Luetge, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge & Alan Turing Institute
Innar Liiv, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Diego Kuonen, Universite de Geneve, Switzerland
Julia Stoyanovich, New York University
Nicolas Wright, UCL and Georgetown University
Barbara Ubaldi, OECD, Paris
Tom Smith, Office for National Statistics, UK
We are also running a series of Pre-Conference Workshops and Tutorials on June 10th, including:
- “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence in Government” – Instructor(s): Jasmine Grimsley and Isabela Breton, Data Science Campus, Office for National Statistics
- “Data Sharing and Data Trusts” – Instructor(s): Gefion Thuermer, Johanna Walker, Peter Wells, and Kieron O’Hara; University of Southampton
- “Big-Data for Policy Making and Digital Transformation” – Instructor(s): Francesco Mureddu, Lisbon Council, Italy
- “Collaborating with Universities: marriage made in heaven?” – Instructor(s): Beate Knight, Vania Sena and Gina Yannitell Reinhardt; University of Essex
- “Understanding the data & curation choices behind the Indicator: SDGs and LSMS-ISA measures of progress “ – Instructor(s): Ayala Wineman and Leigh Anderson; University of Washington
- “Digital Ethics and Algorithm Assessment” – Instructor(s): Zeynep Engin and Adriano S. Koshiyama; University College London
- “Data Stewardship in Action: Workshop on Making Data Collaboratives Systematic, Sustainable and Responsible” – Instructor(s): Stefaan Verhulst, The GovLab, New York University
Please watch this space for further updates on the conference programme and presentations.
Important note for presenters: Presenters should register by April 8 latest to secure a time slot in the conference proceedings.
Queries can be directed to email@example.com
|Registration Deadline for Presenters||8 April 2019|
|Deadline for Discussion Paper submissions||13 May 2019|
|Deadline for Public Registration||31 May 2019 (may close earlier if all places are taken)|
|Pre-Conference Workshops & Tutorials||10 June 2019|
|Conference in London||11-12 June 2019|