We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers and Panel Session Proposals for Data for Policy 2021: Lessons for policy-data interactions after Covid-19.
Our conference series is the premier global forum for multiple disciplinary and cross-sector discussions around the theories, applications and implications of data science innovation in governance and the public sector.
Convening for the sixth time from 14-16 September 2021, this year’s conference will recognise the additional focus on data throughout the whole of society as a consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic, and the opportunities this creates for learning about and developing data and policy interactions.
- Data-driven Transformations in Governance & Policy
- Data Technologies & Analytics for Policy & Governance
- Policy Frameworks, Governance and Management of Data-driven Innovations
- Ethics, Equity and Trust in Policy Data Interactions
- Algorithmic Governance
- Data to Tackle Global Issues and Dynamic Societal Threats
And across nine special tracks:
- ‘Showcasing innovative data services from EU Member States – Paving the way towards transparent documentation’ Track Chairs: Seth van Hooland, Emanuele Baldacci, Blanca Martinez De Aragon and Joao Rodrigues Frade
- ‘Governance of the digital transformation of health systems’ Track Chairs: Tugce Schmitt and Mujaheed Shaikh
- ‘Arguments, algorithms and tools: what do we need to shape policy and confront misinformation post-pandemic?’ Track Chairs: Jaron Porciello, Ulrike Hahn and Stephan Lewandowsky
- ‘Ethical Technology Adoption in Public Administration Services’ Track Chairs: Francesco Mureddu, Giovanna Galasso and Francesco Paolo Schiavo
- ‘AI and public decision-making processes’ Track Chairs: Sarah Giest, Bram Klievink and Alex Ingrams
- ‘Rethinking the open data movement through an intersectional feminist lens’ Track Chairs: Anjali Mehta, Gülsen Güler and Amanda Greene
- ‘Facilitating Data-Driven Innovation for Sustainability: Policy Frameworks and Measures for Data Governance’ Track Chair: Masaru Yarime
- ‘Towards a data-driven economy: Data Mexico’ Track Chairs: Luis Godoy, Ana Cruz and Fiorentina Garcia
- ‘Systemic engagement: Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and the design challenge of inclusion, sustainability, and data ownership’ Track Chairs: Ronit Purian and Avi Cohen
Deadline for submissions is 25 March 2021. Submissions will also be considered for potential post-conference publication in our partner journal, Data & Policy (subject to peer-review).
For further information, and full instructions on how to submit, visit our website.
Contacts: For all questions related to conference submissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; and for questions relating to publication in Data & Policy, please contact email@example.com.