Their appointment comes at an exciting time for us, as our peer-reviewed, open access journal, Data & Policy, continues to expand, and we prepare for our sixth international conference taking place 14-16 September 2021.
Over 20 Area Editors have been appointed from more than 10 countries to play an important role in our strategic development. Forming six interdisciplinary committees, they join us to help commission and review papers; promote community activities; and provide thought leadership across our core areas of interest, helping to understand the landscape of data-policy interactions. The six areas include:
- Data-driven transformations in policy and governance
- Data technologies and analytics for policy and governance
- Policy frameworks, governance and management of data-driven innovations
- Ethics, equity and trust in policy data interactions
- Algorithmic governance
- Data to tackle global issues and dynamic societal threats.
On their appointment, Data for Policy founder and Data & Policy Editor in Chief, Dr Zeynep Engin, said:
We are really delighted to welcome our new Area Editors from across the globe, whose range and depth of expertise will play an integral part to the strategic development of the journal and the conference.
Learn more about our Area Editors.